Thank you for your interest in employment with the Nelson County Schools. Before completing an application, please read the information below and follow the steps indicated.
You must have an active email address to use the online application. If you do not have an email address, you may go here to set up a free account before beginning your application.
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, you must provide the following:
- An online completed application.
- Transcripts, if applicable to the position for which you wish to be considered. You may download these to your application; however, official transcripts are required at the time of employment.
- Three references/letters of recommendation are required for all applicants.
- Required documents should be submitted electronically with the application.
- Completed applications will be kept on file for three years.
The Nelson County Schools must obtain three references/letters of recommendations for each candidate considered for employment. Certified applicants should provide information that includes their most recent principal or cooperating teacher, college supervisors’ names, or other educational references deemed appropriate, including current telephone numbers and email addresses. Classified applicants should provide the names of their three most recent employers including the supervisors’ names, current telephone numbers and email addresses. Failure to provide accurate information will result in a delay in the employment process.
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and references/letters of recommendation, please submit an electronic copy of your current Kentucky Teaching Certificate (or other state). For certification information in Kentucky, contact the Educational Professional Standards Board, 100 Airport Road, 3rd Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601. Phone number is (888) 598-7667 or visit www.kyepsb.net.
Classified (non-teaching) Positions:
- Please complete the classified application and submit transcripts (if applicable).
Step 2: Interview
Once you have completed the application process, your file will be reviewed and considered for employment. Your application will then be released to the supervisor hiring for the position for further review. A formal screening interview may be scheduled either in person or by telephone.
Step 3: Appointment
If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork.
- It will be necessary to complete a fingerprint clearance through the Kentucky Department of Public Safety and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The cost for fingerprinting must be paid at the time employment is completed.
- You will need to bring copies of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- High school diploma/GED
- Complete Official College Transcripts
- Only a representative of the Human Resources Department, as designated by the Superintendent, is authorized to make offers of employment.
Step 4: Orientation
Certified employees must attend new teacher orientation. Classified employees must attend a new employee orientation session following acceptance of employment.