The Nelson County Schools system was well represented at the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Region 2 Leadership Conference Tuesday, Feb. 28 at Kentucky Wesleyan College in Owensboro, qualifying nine for the state conference next month in Louisville.
In just the club’s second year of competition, Nelson County FBLA sent 22 students to the regional conference
The students all handled themselves professionally and did a great job of representing Nelson County Schools, commented business teacher and FBLA advisor Don Fowler.
It was a long day for the team (6:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.) after weeks of preparation. The hard work paid off with nine students qualifying for the State Leadership Conference, April 17 – 19, at the Galt House in Louisville. The top three finishers at the state will qualify for the National Leadership Conference, June 29 – July 2, in Anaheim, Calif.
- Seniors Abby Briney and Kelsie Head won first place in Global Business.
- Seniors Vikas Patel, Derek Orr and Ethan Clark finished first in Network Design.
- Freshman Kollin Reynolds, Jaren Brown and Brandon Hall finished second in Computer Game & Simulation Programming.
- Sophomore Conor O’Neill placed third in Introduction to Information Technology.
- Adviser Don Fowler was honored as a 2017 Outstanding Adviser and Region 2 Finalist.
The team recognized Nelson County Area Technology Center information technology instructor Charlie Cantrill for lending key support to the team in Network Design and Information Technology.